The development of RGS 1:1 started in 2010, where various ICT platforms were explored. After rigorous evaluations, the Apple platform was chosen for the following reasons:
- Apple was, at the time, at the forefront of ICT enhanced education and research, and understood the needs of the classroom
- They have qualified Apple educators sharing pedagogy and there is a community of schools using the platform with whom we can share experiences
- Apple supports professional development
- They offer quality on-site support
- It is a reliable device with a comprehensive suite of software that meets learning needs
The ICT device that teachers and students will use for RGS1:1 will be Apple Macbook Pro or Air. More details of the recommended specifications can be found on this flyer .