Year 1 (Via DSA)
Terms and Conditions of RGS DSA-Sec Exercise
Students successfully admitted to RGS via DSA
- are not allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results or participate in the annual S1 Posting Exercise.
- are expected to honour their commitment to the school for the duration of the 6-year Integrated Programme, and participate in the activities related to the talent they are selected for, from year 1-4.
- for the talent area ‘Music Elective Programme’, are required to join a music-related CCA. They will not be allowed to offer Third Language or other Elective Programmes.
- for the talent area ‘Visual Arts’, will be admitted to the school’s Special Art Programme and are required to join the Art Club as their CCA. They will not be allowed to offer Third Language or other Elective Programmes.
Students and their parents are encouraged to consider schools that would be a good fit for the student’s overall learning needs. This includes choosing schools based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the school’s academic and non-academic requirements, ethos and culture, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
The Applicant must:
- be eligible for Secondary 1 in 2024.
- have strong, consistent academic performance in primary school.
- sustain active participation in the curriculum and co-curriculum, showing high level of attainment in the talent area for which she is applying.
- exhibit good character, leadership qualities and evidence of service in school/community.
- have demonstrated good performance at selection trials/auditions/interviews.
Please note that meeting all the criteria does not guarantee that the student will be shortlisted/given an offer.
- Application for DSA-Sec must be submitted through MOE’s online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge. For more information on DSA-Sec, please refer to the MOE website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/dsa-sec.
- Applicants from MOE mainstream schools are to apply by logging in via the applicant’s parent’s SingPass OR approach their primary school for assistance if they are unable to apply online.
- Applicants not studying in MOE mainstream primary schools need to apply for a Registration Number (RGxxxxxxx) before they can apply through the DSA-Sec Portal. For details, please refer to MOE’s website at https://go.gov.sg/nmsdsa-sec-application.
- All shortlisted International Students are required to take part and fulfil the requirements of the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) test before they can be considered for DSA-Sec admission. For details, please refer to AEIS website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/international-students/admission.
19 Talent Areas for RGS DSA-Sec 2023
Required Submission of Additional Documents
For detailed information on the submission of additional documents/videos and the selection process/criteria of each talent area, please click here.
Applicants may need to submit additional documents/videos via the relevant links that can be found in the document. Submissions must be made directly to RGS before 20 June 2023.
All documents/videos submitted will not be returned. Applicants MUST NOT submit original documents. Applicants must be prepared to produce the original documents for verification purposes upon request when necessary.
Application for DSA-Sec through MOE’s online DSA-Sec Portal
4 May 2023, 11.00am to 31 May 2023, 3.00pm
Submission of additional documents to RGS via e-form
4 May 2023 to 20 June 2023
Please refer to further details for talent areas here
Selection tests/Auditions/Interviews for all 19 talent areas
July to August 2023
ONLY shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Notification of Selection Outcome
By 11 September 2023
Applicants will be notified via email and RGS reserves the right not to release the details of the outcome or the reasons for non-selection.
All applicants who are shortlisted will have to attend the selection tests/auditions/interviews in-person, on site at RGS. There will NOT be an online mode for the selection process.
For further enquiries on Admissions & DSA, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call 6737 1845 / 6970 6442.