Home > About > Career
Ignite your talent with RGS
We pride ourselves for being one of Singapore's leading institutions for the education of talented young women, offering the unique Raffles Programme. As a member of RGS, you will be part of a close-knit community consisting of students, staff, parents and alumni, known for its fine tradition and reputation for excellence both locally and internationally.
A good Teacher explains, A great Teacher inspires
Teachers in RGS are highly valued by the students, who are in turn creative, disciplined and exceptionally motivated. We are a vibrant school community, sharing a stimulating work environment where emphasis is placed on providing continuous professional development and personal enrichment for our teachers.
A tree is not a tree without the trunk
Executive and professional staff (EAS) play a critical role in ensuring that the daily operations of the school are run efficiently and seamlessly. EAS in RGS assist in developing the school’s infrastructure and facilitate all administrative functions. Being a close-knit family, the various departments collaborate to create a conducive working and learning environment.
If you believe that learning should be about
Forging good character
Nurturing the intellect
Firing the imagination
Developing the body
You might just be the person we are looking for to join our family!
If you relish the opportunity to be part of a team that designs forward-looking curriculum, that learns and grows together, and that boldly explores with different approaches nurturing high-ability learners,
You might just be the person we are looking for to join our team.
Join us, for a unique opportunity to focus on honing the craft of teaching high ability students and to be part of a school environment that values and promotes professional learning. Our students are highly creative, self-disciplined and motivated, and we invite you to join us in nurturing them as thinkers, leaders and pioneers of the future. Generations of RGS girls have been inspired by their teachers to have positive impact on others. We invite you to be part of the team nurtures RGS girls to lead and serve, guided by sound values and the instinct to give back to society.
TEACHING POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
||Number of Vacancies
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- Possesses at least a Bachelor's Degree
from a recognized university with relevant teaching subject(s)
- Believes first of all in
nurturing the child as a whole person, and who have a strong belief in every
student’s ability and motivation to learn;
- Possesses a broad and deep
knowledge of their discipline and an openness to explore connections across
disciplines. Our curriculum is developed
in a constructive context that encourages students to make connections across
- Believes the teacher is
a model, mentor, and coach in the creation of a learning environment that
challenges students in learning, inquiry and leadership; and
- Is able to work well, whether in a team or individual setting
NON-TEACHING POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
We invite highly passionate individuals to join us as:
You will report to the Director, Student Development in the following areas:
- Establish, implement and evaluate the school counselling programme which involves
- Customise activities and resources that will complement the school’s guidance programme in supporting identified needs in the students’ social and emotional development
- Implementing strategies for early identification of students with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties for early intervention
- Devising an effective referral system for helping students with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Planning and conducting training in counselling-related issues for staff and parents based on identified student needs
- Documenting counselling work done through suitable case records and reporting to school management school-wide counselling trends and observations
- Establishing network with other professional agencies and relevant social service agencies with a view of easing
- Provide socio-emotional counselling and consultation support through:
- Providing direct individual and group guidance to students
- Working with relevant school personnel regarding students being counselled
- Working with families of students being counselled and conduct home visits where necessary.
- Referring students and their families to community resources for specialised assistance where necessary
- Provide consultation to school management and staff on counselling matters and strategies to support students with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Support in managing crisis by providing crisis intervention directly to identified students in distress.
- Work with relevant stakeholders in planning and implementing the school’s guidance programme by providing input and advice based on knowledge of child and adolescent development gained in training and observations from counselling cases.
- Relevant Postgraduate qualification in counselling, psychology, social work or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in counselling
- Passion for working with young people
- Possess an open mind, flexibility and cultural sensitivity
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Strong collaborative and time management skills
- Ability to develop system and structures
- Experience in education and career counselling and /or volunteer work involving children and youth would be an advantage
For clarifications, please contact:
Evelyn Suah Tel: 6970 6484
- Mr John Loo Tel: 6970 6483
Please send a detailed resume together with a copy of your academic qualifications by e-mail to:
RAFFLES GIRLS’ SCHOOL (SECONDARY)
2 Braddell Rise, Singapore 318871
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
At RGS, an extensive array of learning and development opportunities is offered to encourage staff to constantly develop and enhance their professional and personal competencies, skills and knowledge through:
- Management and Leadership in Schools Programme
- Professional Development Continuum Model Master Degree Programme and other relevant Master Degree Programmes
- Overseas Professional Learning Scheme
- Professional Development Leave Scheme
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- Specialist Diploma in Educational Assessment
- Teachers Work Attachments
Upon joining us, you will embark on an enriching on-boarding experience ranging from the RGS Staff Induction Programme and the Gifted Education Foundation Course. You will also be assigned a mentor who will help you adjust to working life and adapt to the RGS culture.
School-wide staff development is actively promoted to keep teachers abreast of the latest trends in education including the Raffles Programme curriculum which is based on exemplary gifted education principles and may be initiated and achieved by staff through local and overseas conferences, school-based or external workshops and seminars, sharing sessions by peers returning from training and the reading of circulated professional articles.
At every stage of your career with RGS, you will interact with peers and senior management from across the school through your involvement in various committees and task forces.
Every staff who joins the RGS family will undeniably be rewarded with an enriching career path from the moment they enter. A myriad of tracks are available for each of the staff to choose from or grow into laterally or upwardly, depending on interests, aptitude and opportunities. With exposure, professional development and stellar performance, you will have the opportunity to rise to leadership positions of the three career tracks in RGS.
Teachers may advance their career into three paths such as the Leadership Track, Teaching Track or the Specialist Track. Each of these tracks has different characteristics which allow teachers to achieve deeper talent in their area of specialization and discover veiled abilities.
3 CAREER ADVANCEMENT TRACKS - BRIDGES & LADDERS
Staff who demonstrate the ability to guide and lead a team may be selected for the Leadership track. Taking up a higher level of appointment, these leaders oversee key portfolios and depending on their leadership role, staff the various management forums such as Senior Management, EXCO, Council, Academic Board and Student Development meetings.
Teachers who have a deep fervour for gaining profound knowledge on specific areas in Education may embark on the Specialist Track to be developed as an RGS Centre for Pedagogical Research & Learning key staff.
The specialist has the pivotal role of:
All Education Officers start their career with the teaching track and as they obtain sufficient experience and competence in instructional methodology in their subject domains, they may progress to be domain experts as a Senior Teacher, Lead Teacher or Master Teacher in the Teaching Track.
The Senior Teacher will serve as a mentor to all teachers in their professional development, developing effective teaching strategies for the subject and being the role model for the use of effective pedagogy for teachers, and guiding students both academically and in character development.
As a Lead Teacher, you will build the professional capability within the school team in the areas of subject content, pedagogy and assessment. Being a subject matter expert, you will guide Senior Teachers in the area of pedagogical expertise and mentor other teachers.
|Executive / Professional|
Executives and professionals form about 20% of the workforce in RGS. They have a near endless career route during their stay here. Opportunities and leeway will always be paved for the individual to grow personally and professionally. Advancement of competence and dexterity comes with each achieved level. You may join the scheme under the administrative or technical track. Technical and administrative staff may progress into the leadership track once they have established leading virtues.
Suitable candidates may be selected or groomed to take up senior leadership positions in the school. Fine-tuning of talent to perfection is emphasised in this track for RGS to triumph. Paving the way for fresher blood is essential for if there is no direction, there will not be success.
Under the administrative track, you may be deployed to various departments such as Finance, Human Resource, Strategic Communications, Student Services and School Administration, among others. Regardless of where you may be deployed, you will be working with teams on projects, analysing, reviewing, planning, innovating and executing policies and processes.
If you possess a specialised skillset or professional qualifications, you may join us under the technical track in departments such as IT or Science Laboratories.
Here in RGS, we support one’s journey towards the achievement of personal life goals. Various leave provisions are available to assist you to do just that.
- Vacation Leave (For Non-Academic staff)
- Urgent Private Leave (For Academic staff only)
- Family Leave
- Marriage Leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Examination Leave
The following medical benefits are offered as part of our aim to enhance staff well-being.
- Sick Leave
- Medical Claim
- Dental Claim
- Maternity Benefits
- Health Screening Benefits
- Group Hospitalisation Insurance Coverage
Successful candidates can also look forward to professional development opportunities and enjoy various benefits aimed at enhancing staff welfare.
- Flexi Care Benefits
- Training Opportunities
- Career Development Opportunities