Year 1 (Via DSA)
Terms and Conditions of the DSA-Sec Exercise
Students successfully posted to their DSA-Sec schools MUST
- honour the commitment to the allocated DSA-Sec school for the entire duration of the programme. If they are admitted via DSA to RGS, they will have to commit to the 6-year Integrated Programme offered by the Raffles Schools, with 4 years of secondary school education at RGS and continuing on to Raffles Institution for another 2 years of pre-university education.
Students successfully posted to their DSA-Sec schools CANNOT
• Transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results.
• Participate in the annual S1 Posting Exercise to opt for secondary schools.
- Applicant must be eligible for Secondary 1 in 2020.
- Applicant must have strong, consistent academic performance in primary school.
- Applicant must sustain active participation in curriculum and co-curriculum activities, showing high level of attainment in the talent area for which she is applying.
- Applicant must exhibit good character, leadership qualities and evidence of service in school/community.
- Applicant must have demonstrated good performance at selection trials/auditions/interviews.
- For DSA-Music Elective Programme, applicant must have attained ABRSM Grade 5 or equivalent in Music Theory and Practical.
- Applicants MUST apply through MOE's centralised online MOE DSA-Sec portal.
- The application period is from 8 May 2019, 9am to 4 Jun 2019, 3pm. The MOE DSA-Sec portal will not accept late submissions.
- Each applicant can submit a maximum of 3 choices in her application. The applicant can choose 3 different talent areas from 3 different schools, and up to 2 talent areas from the same secondary school.
- Applicants from MOE mainstream schools are to apply by logging in via parent’s SingPass OR apply via their primary school (if they do not have a SingPass or require assistance).
- Applicants from Non-MOE mainstream schools must first obtain a Registration No. from MOE Customer Service Centre (1 North Buona Vista Drive, S138675) before they can access the MOE DSA-Sec portal.
- All International Students are required to take part in the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) before they can be considered for DSA-Sec admission. For details, please refer to AEIS website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/international-students/admissions-exercise
Required Submission of Additional Documents
- Applicants for the RGS' DSA talent area 'Music Elective Programme', may be notified to submit certified true copies of their music mark sheets to RGS.
- Applicants for the RGS' DSA talent area 'Visual Arts', may be notified to submit samples of their art work (A4-size) to RGS.
- Applicants from Non-MOE mainstream primary schools maybe notified to submit certified copies of their school academic results and certificates or participation in activities and/or achievements to RGS.
- Community Youth LeadershipNEW
- English Language
- Chinese Language
- Malay Language
- Tamil Language
- Music Elective Programme
- Visual Arts (For Drawing, Painting, Sculpture)
- Cross Country
- Fencing (Note: 2019 will be the last year that RGS offers Fencing as a DSA Talent Area.)
- Gymnastics - Rhythmic
- Table Tennis
Will be conducted for certain sports talent areas. Please see more details at this link DSA Sports.
|Selection Tests/Interviews||July - August 2019 |
Only for shortlisted applicants of Academic, Music Elective Programme, Visual Arts and Community Youth Leadership talent areas.
|Notification of Selection Outcome||By 30 August 2019.|
The school reserves the right not to release the details of the outcome or the reasons for non-selection.
RGS General Office is open from Mon to Fri, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and close on Sat, Sun and public holidays.