Year 1 (Via DSA)
Terms and Conditions of RGS DSA-Sec Exercise
- are not allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results or participate in the annual S1 Posting Exercise.
- are expected to honour their commitment to the school for the duration of the 6-year Integrated Programme, and participate in the activities related to the talent they are selected for, from year 1-4.
- for the talent area 'Music Elective Programme', are required to join a music-related CCA. They will not be allowed to offer Third Language or other Elective Programmes.
- for the talent area 'Visual Arts', will be admitted to the school's Special Art Programme and are required to join the Art Club as their CCA. They will not be allowed to offer Third Language or other Elective Programmes.
- be eligible for Secondary 1 in 2023.
- have strong, consistent academic performance in primary school.
- sustain active participation in the curriculum and co-curriculum, showing high level of attainment in the talent area for which she is applying.
- exhibit good character, leadership qualities and evidence of service in school/community.
- have demonstrated good performance at selection trials/auditions/interviews.
- Application for DSA-Sec must be submitted through MOE's online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge. For more information on DSA-Sec, please refer to the MOE website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/dsa-sec.
- Applicants from MOE mainstream schools are to apply by logging in via the applicant's parent's SingPass OR approach their primary school for assistance if they are unable to apply online.
- Applicants not studying in MOE mainstream primary schools need to apply for a Registration Number (RGxxxxxxx) before they can apply through the DSA-Sec Portal. For details, please refer to MOE's website at https://go.gov.sg/nmsdsa-sec-application.
- All shortlisted International Students are required to take part and fulfil the requirements of the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) test before they can be considered for DSA-Sec admission. For details, please refer to AEIS website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/international-students/admission.
19 Talent Areas for RGS DSA-Sec 2022
|Languages||STEM||Music & Visual Arts||Leadership||Sports & Games|
For further enquiries on submission of additional documents/videos and the selection process/criteria of each talent area, please click here.
|Application for DSA-Sec through MOE's online DSA-Sec Portal||5 May 2022, 11.00am to 1 June 2022, 3.00pm|
|Submission of additional documents to RGS via e-form||5 May 2022 to 1 June 2022|
Please refer to further details for talent areas at this link.
|Selection tests/Auditions/Interviews for all 19 talent areas||July to August 2022|
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
|Notification of Selection Outcome||By mid-September 2022|
Applicants will be notified via email and RGS reserves the right not to release the details of the outcome or the reasons for non-selection.
There will NOT be an online mode for the selection process. All applicants who are shortlisted will have to undergo the selection tests/auditions/interviews physically in-person at RGS.
For further enquiries on Admissions & DSA, please contact us here or call 6737 1845 / 6970 6474 / 6970 6442.