The curriculum is designed to provide the breadth of study in theoretical and experimental physics necessary for our learners to make informed decisions in the pursuit of physics-dependent disciplines. It also allows for the depth of study that leads to an understanding of the physical world, using fundamental physics concepts and principles. In this way, our students become confident and contributing citizens in a technological world, guided by a keen sense of curiosity, and refined by critical and creative thinking.
- Develop interest in Physics and build the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further studies in related fields
- Be scientifically literate citizens who are well-prepared for the challenges of the 21st century
Understand the skills, ethics and attitudes relevant to the Practices of Science, including the following:
-Understand the nature of scientific knowledge
-Demonstrate science inquiry skills
-Relate science and society
- Understand that a small number of basic principles and core ideas can be applied to explain, analyse and solve problems in a variety of systems in the physical world
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|The Scientific Endeavour
* Physical Properties of Matter
* Application of Forces and Transfer of Energy
* Transfer of Heat Energy and its Effects
* Thermal Properties of Matter
* Ray Model of Light
* Electrical Systems
* Energy, Work and Power
* Turning Effect of Forces
* Kinetic Model of Matter
* Static Electricity
* Current of Electricity Magnetism
* General Wave Properties
* Electro-magnetic Spectrum
* D.C. Circuits
* Practical Electricity
* Electro-magnetic Induction
Teacher explanation on the concept of forces in everyday life.
Teacher demonstrating the effects of forces.
Inquiry-based lessons in the science laboratory.
A historical moment: Singapore Young Physicists’ Tournament Category B Champions!
Enrichment programme: Top Gun Aviator.
Investigative work on energy.
Design your own motor!
Defining moments: A show of great balance.
Electricians at work all wired-up.
Handling pressure well.
Do Physics lessons ever remain static?!
Inquiry lesson to electric circuits.
Practical work: You Light Up My Life!